Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Where does the time go?

So I'm really trying to get organized. I even got a organizational book (more on that in a future post)! I feel like there just aren't enough hours in the day to get all the things done that I want to do. So to track where all my time is going, the book suggested I take a day and log exactly what I did all day and hopefully I will identify places I'm wasting time and where I can be more efficient. So here is yesterday:
5:30am-sweet baby boy makes noise in his crib and I wake up, check the monitor (its a video monitor-another must have!) and he goes back to sleep, so I snooze for a bit too :)
6:00am-alarm goes off. I sneak downstairs leaving Kevin in bed w/ the pups and w/ the monitor. I quickly make coffee, pop 2 pieces of toast in the toaster, get my pump parts out and sit in front of the computer eating breakfast, pumping and writing my blog/reading my fav blogs.
6:30am-put dishes in the dishwasher, assemble bottles using pumped milk for the day. Wash pump parts. Tanner wakes up and Kevin goes to get him (which is the sweetest thing bc he is so smile-y 1st thing in the morning) and feeds him a bottle of pumped milk while I wash my face/brush my teeth/make up/get dressed.
7:00am-I get Tanner dressed and get his diaper bag all set. I tidy up, make the bed, throw dishes in the sink or dishwasher.
7:30am-snuggle that sweet boy on the couch for 15 minutes. He is so chatty and discovered a new voice that we call his "Darth Vader" voice bc its low and growl-y. Too cute.
7:45am-Tanner's babysitter gets to the house-God bless her, he loves her! I grab my purse, hop in the car and head to the studio. During my drive I am listening to my Ipod trying to finalize my music for today's class.
8:15am-get to the studio, open up, get music ready.
8:45am & 10:00am-teach classes. Love my clients.
11:15-help 2 instructors w/ their music/timing/questions(eat a banana)
12:30pm-Trish(Tanner's sitter) drops him off at the studio, Kevin gets there at the same time to meet us for lunch. I'm still helping my instructors so I nurse tanner in the studio while they practice.
1:30-we leave for lunch(I have a half cup of soup and 1/2 a sandwich).
3:30-get home, T is sleeping. I jump online to do our payroll. T wakes up. I nurse him.(eat a skinny cow)
4:30-Kevin, Tanner, the pups and I go for a walk.
5:00-Tanner and I do tummy time, read a book, and start a load of laundry
5:30-Nurse T again-he falls asleep on my lap so I jump onto babycenter (my guilty pleasure) and catch up from my phone.
6:00-T goes in his jumperoo and goes crazy in it(this boy can jump!)(I eat a flat out wrap and dip it in hummus) and fold T's laundry
6:30-Bath time for T. I get in our big tub w/ him and Kevin assists. Such a happy family time-he loves "swimming".
6:45-Kevin get him in his PJs and they read a story while I throw on a robe and get his last bottle ready.
7:00pm-Feed Tanner and put him to bed (he is an angel and I put him in awake-but sleepy and he falls right asleep).
7:30pm-Kevin is doing his P90, I make oatmeal w/ nuts and fruit for dinner(supposed to increase my milk supply and steel cut oats helps!), we have leftovers from last night's dinner (pork chops, risotto and broccoli slaw) and Kevin will eat those.
8:00pm-I get in the shower and plan my class for the next day
8:45pm-Jump on the computer and pump again.
9:15pm-Wash dishes/bottles/pump parts, eat another skinny cow and head upstairs.
9:30pm-snuggle pups and Kevin in bed, I'm working on some text for cards we are sending to our clients and Kevin is on his ipad.
10:00pm-Go to sleep!

So that is it...this was probably pretty darn boring to read-but I think it will help help find extra time...and see that I'm eating too many skinny cows :)


  1. This is a good idea. I've been feeling like I need something to get my life in order. I'm adjusting to life with a newborn and a toddler and some days feel like all I've done is lots of diaper changing, nursing, cleaning up after them and keeping them happy. How to fit in the rest of my duties is yet to be determined. You are one busy girl and your schedule looks very organized and productive. Nice work!

  2. so glad you are back! miss all your posts and we are SUPER fans of the nap nanny. My 21 month old still sits in it and my 4 mo old loves it! I think our babes are a week apart. And I LOVE gingers. I have two of them! :) YOu probably get nonstop comments. are you pure bar or bar method? Or is it a pilates studio??

  3. Thanks Kelsey & Melissa!!
    Kelsey-I feel the same way all the time-that Im so busy feeding/changing/playing/trying to get to nap/repeat and that is all I get done all day long!! Hardest/best job in the world :)
    Melissa-Congrats Mama! I have to pop over to your blog to see the new baby! My studio is called The Dailey Method. Similar to pure barre and bar method (but better ha ha), lots of studios up north-we were the 1st to open down here :)

  4. you sound sooooo busy!!! i'm hoping once the baby comes and i stop working that it'll be "feed baby", "both of us sleep", "feed baby", "both of us sleep", "play with baby", "both of us sleep", etc :o) i know i'm dreaming.

    and is it my imagination or does tanner have red hair? which side of the family did that come from? soo cute!

  5. Sienna-In the beginning your peanut will sleep all the time-so yes, girlfriend, nap as often as possible when she does!!! Not your imagination-Tanner shocked his mama (and dad ha maybe he thinks I had an affair w/ a redhead lol) and has reddish hair! Not sure where it came from and not sure if it will change color (my niece who is very blond was born w/ red hair and it all fell out). My little ginger ;)

  6. You are so busy! I am impressed!! Are you nursing exclusively?? How do you do it?